My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Clang, Clang, Clang

The Trolley. The trolley was a very popular mode of transportation in the late 1800's through the mid-1900's in virtually every major city in the world. Now, trolleys seem to be making a comeback for many reasons including economic and tourism.

Toy Vintage Trolley
My grandmother drove a trolley, sometimes she called it a tram, in Philadelphia, PA back in the early 1900's. This Trolley Car was one of my grandmothers fun things she had in her collection of collections. She said it reminded her of the tram she had once driven.

My grandmother was a career driver. If it had wheels, it she probably drove it-car, bus, train, streetcar, fire engine. I never heard of her piloting a plane, but if she had had an opportunity, I am sure she would have given it a try.

I wish I would have been able to talk with her about her past history, her jobs and experiences. We just weren't at the same place at the same time. Knowing how I feel now, I am trying to get information about me down on paper (digital paper). I have enjoyed going through my grandmother's collections, and hope that someday, generations to come will enjoy going through mine. Instead of just guessing, like am about my grandmother, I plan on them knowing, not guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment