My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

I am sitting in my living room. I am about 1 mile from the Atlantic Ocean. Today's tempereature is 80 degrees (Farenheit) and there is a 7mph breeze coming in from the south. All I can say is....AHHHH.

I mention this only to get to a point...and when isn't there a point?

Other than mini-blinds I only have sheers up at the window. The breeze is such that it comes in the windows and blows the sheers to a beautiful billow into the center of the room. I am not sure how all the windows on are blowing the sheers at the same time, even the west facing windows, but I don't care.

I am reminded of all those gothic movies that I was never allowed to watch when I was a kid and never watched after I was allowed. Thanks to a couple of Abbott and Costello, Charlie Chan and other such movies, the full length, white curtains blowing gently into the mansion was imprinted on my memory. I always wondered what happened in the gothic romance/scary movies, what happened once the lacy nightgown wearing damsel in distress finished walking down the wide expance of open windows during a storm. I know what happened in the kid friendly flicks...Costello would run up from behind the lady screaming AAAAABBBBOOOOOTTTTTT, or the cops would pop out from one of the non-billowing sheers (wonder why she didn't notice THAT one wasn't moving) and get the handcuffs slapped on her wrists while Charlie Chan would announce that thanks to his number one son, he was able to put all clues together and prove she killed her husband and lover.

Ahh, billowing sheers...what else could they mean....

No comments:

Post a Comment