My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gemstones

Last night I photographed my newest additions to the store. One of my favorites was probably sold as a fur clip. Now, with the unfavorable light pointing at animal fur, I call a Coat Clip. This clip is probably an early 1900's piece of jewelry owned and worn my by grandmother or even handed down to her from her mother. This clip is beautifully decorated with beautiful purple stones that I perceive as real amethysts (artificial stones apparently cost more to produce than mining true amethyst).

I investigated going to to school to learn more about gems and stones. Unfortunately, to become a certified Gemologist, you practically have to own a gem mine. Maybe, one of these days, I will be able afford to return to the learning environment. For now, I will have to learn to live finding outside help with identifying jewelry elements. 

Have Fun Searching!


No comments:

Post a Comment