My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Robert Culp

Today we found out that Robert Culp died in LA after a fall. Granted, he was pushing 80 and, to many, that is considered old but is it really? Do you feel old? I don't. At least not on a regular basis. I feel old when thinking about memories. For instance, I graduated from high school 29 years ago. AAARRRGGGHHH! Do you understand what that means? That is an entire generation...the generation after mine has graduated high school (and probably college if they were smart).

Here is another one. When I was a teen teen angst movies were king of the box office. Now those teen angst movies are played on American Movie Classics on cable. Doesn't a classic have to be in black and white? 1981 movies honored by the Academy include Reds, On Golden Pond, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Atlantic City (?), Chariots of Fire. Okay, those are all classics. But, are they old?

Robert Culp, according to IMDB.com, has 163 performances listed on his resume. Also, there are numerous directing, writing and singing, yes, singing accolades. Few people know that Robert Culp not only starred in I, Spy but also wrote for the series. He also wrote for Greatest American Hero, (a series I loved when it was aired) andThe Rifleman among others.

Well, I think I will go back to hunting IMDB for fun info and make plans to revisit old friends and movies later.

Have Fun Searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment