My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

AM

The day was beautiful. It started out as a pink stripe across beyond the mountain tops. It soon grew to purple and indigo and every color in between. Suddenly, a first sliver of the orange peeked out from the top of the mountains. Seconds pass and the sliver becomes a slice and soon becomes a semi-circle. A moment since the orange peeked, the sliver had turned into an orb. A glowing orange orb. The Sun.

As the sun has shed light upon this little part of the world, she reveals cotton below her, below the mountain tops, below me. I am sitting on top of the world. I am above the clouds. The sky has turned the baby blue the sky is best remembered. The covering of the mountains appears to be black, but I know them to be green. Spring green with a splash of pine. Below them, the fluffy clouds drift below be within the walls of the valley. They seem substantial, like I could walk upon them springy as acres of marshmallows.

Sadly, I know, they are not viewed by all this way. To some, my precious cotton candy clouds are fog. Creating havoc for rush-here-rush-there drivers. If they saw the clouds from here, maybe the drive through them would feel more like a cozy quilt enveloping them in happiness. From here, I want to be cuddling within their folds.

No comments:

Post a Comment