My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Monday, May 17, 2010

PackRat or Hoarder

Pack Rat Day. I have this nice little online web store because of pack rats. My relatives each passed down their own collectible favorites, each a different discipline. Books, Cats, Earrings, Brooches, Necklaces, Miniatures, Blue Glass, Red Glass, Green Glass, Depression Glass, Silver, Tea Sets, Coins, well, I guess I could go on, but you only have so much time. You hear a lot about hoarding and how bad it is. I am not suggesting that it isn’t, I just think that it depends on the method of saving. Or is that the difference between hoarders and pack rats?

 As I have said before, I come by the pack rat gene legitimately.  I cannot think of a family member that does not save or collect something. I myself have an issue with books. I cannot get enough books. If I had my way, every wall in my house would be a bookshelf. Gram, she like earrings and salt and pepper shakers. Mom, Blue Glass and Siamese Cats.  If you went to either of them and told them they had to get rid of their stuff…they would have as hard a time getting rid of their things as I would with my books.

Why do we feel the need to keep stuff. I don’t care. It is keeping me in business. Keep shopping, keep collecting, keep happy…AND

Have Fun Searching…

No comments:

Post a Comment