My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Antique Sale

This weekend is the Main Street Antique Show (and sale) in Hendersonville. We will be visiting early in the morning before the afternoon storms and heat arrive. Mom and I go every year, I don't think we have ever bought anything but this is a nice place to check out what other people have in comparison to what we have and what price they are trying to get for them. 

Remember, just because a dealer is asking a certain price for something does not necessarily mean that is what the item is 'worth'. You have probably heard that an item (antique, vintage or even new) is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I guess I kind of agree with that but that isn't how I determine how much I value my vintage.

How do I do it? I ask myself, "If I had unlimited funds, would I spend $50 on that baseball card?" No? Then, to you, the value of that 1950's baseball card is too high. Does that mean that it is too much for someone else? No. 

Remember, value of any item (either monetary or memorable value) is in the eye and heart of the beholder. 

Maybe I will see you in downtown Hooterville on Saturday morning!
Have Fun Searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment