My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Flying Bag

While ‘running the strip’ (Interstate 81) I saw something that truly boosted my psyche.  I wonder if that is really the right phrase (if you have  a better one, let me know).

We were in western Virginia when up ahead a pick-up truck had pulled over on the right side of the road and the driver was walking toward traffic.  After we passed him, I looked in the rear view mirror and surmised this:  The driver was trying to track down a plastic bag that had flown out of his vehicle.  As we passed, this plastic (dry cleaning?) bag had drifted into the right-hand driving lane.  I became concerned for this apparently conscientious American.  Almost instantly, the concern subsided as a fast moving RV zoomed by and blew it back toward the shoulder as if intentionally making it safer for the anti-litter bug driver of that pick-up truck.

Isn't it really sad that seeing someone do ‘the right thing’ makes me feel good?  What is the world coming to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment