My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Flintstone Barbershop

When I was a kid, we had a album called..S.A.S.F.A.T.P.O.G.O.B.S.Q.A.L.T.  It has since been destroyed in a flooding of the garage. In this album from the late 1960’s beloved Fred Flintstone and his buddy-pal, Barney Rubble, join a barbershop quartet. It is kind of a Flintstones epsidoe on an LP with fun songs. I wish I still had it so that I could celebrate Barbershop Music Appreciation Day.

I loved The Flintstones.When it ran, we watched an hour of cartoons, The Flintstones and The Jetsons. And we watched somewhere in between the timeline.

Oh, what is SASFATPOGOBSQALT? It stands for: Stone Age Society For Aiding The Preservation Of Good Old Barber Shop Quartets…And Like That.  I think Barbershop Quartets are required to be known by an acronym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment