My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Monday, August 23, 2010

I Dream of ....

Today is Jeannie’s birthday.  As a television afficianado (aka addict) Jeannie is Barbara Eden.

I Dream of Jeannie was one of my favorite shows when I was growing up. Was it the skimpy costume she wore, the fact she was living with a man in uniform or the magic? I don’t know for sure, but all of those things drew me. Well, not so much the flimsy costume, but her ‘apartment bottle’ was decorated the way I would want my futurer apartment to be decorated.  Had I know that the actress portraying Jeannie then had done other 43 other roles, maybe the mystery of the magic wouldn’t have been so cool.

Magic. Today, Harry Potter brought love of reading ‘back’ to many people while also carrying a controversy over magic and what ‘doing magic’ meant. Back during Jeannie’s time there was (as far as I can remember) no controversy over her doing magic. The big cotroversy was in her showing her belly button. Hmmm. Maybe, had the powers that be focused on the magic button instead of the belly button, magic wouldn’t be such a big deal today. Instead, we would be having more modest displays of the body on television, fewer ‘bedroom’ sceens and better clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment