My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Don't Fall Asleep

I was just sitting here, racking my brain trying to come up with something to write for Friday's post and not getting anywhere when a commercial (for a phone service maybe) pops onto the TV screen and a noise I have not heard (ever?) in a long time invades my mind. Snoring.

Apparently a man and his bulldog have fallen asleep on the sofa and are so deep they are about to be entered into a synchronized snoring competition by the man's wife, who holds out the phone to let the person on the other end to hear her snoring pair.  Suddenly, the announcer starts his spiel, which I suddenly cannot hear. No, the volume hasn't been turned down, the satellite has not digitized or lost its signal. The dog laying at my feet is competing with the puppy on the screen for the snoring doggy title.

I laugh. I wanted to get on the phone and hold it out for that special someone to listen to the snoring dog. Life imitates art (if you can call commercials 'art').

No comments:

Post a Comment