My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sleeping Alone

For the past couple of weeks I have been working on moving into a new condo and starting a new job. Yesterday was my first day. The job is one I have had in the past and some of the things that I will be doing are slowly coming back to me as I do them. I think the transition from unemployment for the past 2 years to working will go smoothly.

Last night was my first night in the condo alone. I had stayed there before with Mom in the second bedroom. It never occurred to me to be 'nervous' about it until someone had asked me if I was. Well, I wasn't, not really. I didn't have any concerns about people breaking in or jump at any odd noises. Those feelings I got when I  went 'away' to college the first time. 

When I went to college, I lived at home because we were with 30 miles of the school. I did get those feelings when I went for the long weekend orientation program. No matter the number of times I spent the night at my friends houses prepared me for spending the weekend in a cold, cement block room with no personality, can you say jail cell without bars. After that experience, I think I was glad I didn't 'live in'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment