My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Musical Inclinations

Do you remember your first musical instrument? I suppose you could say the pots and pans and the wooden spoon were your first. Or, maybe, marbles in the Tupperware cup. But I remember my first 'real' musical instrument. A recorder.

I remember it was for school. Middle School? Probably. I remember it was a black recorder. And I have the vague recollection that I blew through it. I think we had to learn it for a concert, but I don't know for sure. I think I played it well, but I don't know. I do know that I don't have it anymore. It was probably sold at a yard sale.

What was your first musical instrument.

3 comments:

  1. I know everyone had that little black recorder, but I don't remember having one. My first instrument was a guitar around six or seven. I enjoyed it, but my first real love was my violin around 12 years of age. I played it until I was about 15 and it was stolen. I often wonder if I would have continued. I would love to learn more instruments. I want to learn the wooden recorder! Neat post, P.!!
    Val =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting that you posted this memory at this point in time, Patti! With school back in, I needed to find something concrete to do with my four music classes and so I chose (for the older kids) to begin teaching them the recorder!!! I was pleasantly pleased to find that at least 1/3 of them knew what a recorder was!!! Once I get them going, I'll get a recording and post it on my FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'm teaching the Xylophone to the littler kids (not the 'real' xylophone, the one with the colored bars!)!!!

    ReplyDelete