My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Wa! Wa! Wa!

I have a great memory of meeting one of my and my sister's TV idols,of the time, Scott Baio.

I don't recall the circumstances, where this meeting was taking place, how we got there or specifically when this happened. As for the when, I can narrow it down to between 1979 and 1981.

As with all meet-and-greet-the-stars events, it was in a large room. I was in line with my sister, Debi and her friend Paula. We were excited. We were going to see SCOTT BAIO! We were going to Talk to SCOTT BAIO! We were going to get SCOTT BAIO's autograph!

We stood in line for a long time. We stood and we stood and we stood. Then, a man pushed me aside, splitting me from my sister and Paula. I turned at the same time as Debi did and nearly at the same time we began to protest the rudeness of the man, who obviously had no interest in SCOTT BAIO, and then before any words came out of my mouth, I realized that the man was parting the sea of people to bring SCOTT BAIO up to the stage. Debi and I looked at each other and realized it at the same time. Waiting another couple of hours was no big deal after (probably) touching SCOTT BAIO.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed something new at this Blog....You have added labels! Great, never know when that will come in handy!
    This was cute! I think you do a terrific job on these Blogs. Love....

    ReplyDelete