My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Subject was Roses

Last night the movie The Subject was Roses starring Patricia Neal and Martin Sheen. I recorded it on my DVR. This morning I deleted it.

I programmed it to record to see if I could recognize the scene I had to play in Drama class in High School. I deleted it because I knew I wouldn't be able to. It was just TOOOO long ago.

The assignment was to be paired up with another student in Introduction to Drama class and perform a scene the included an extended monologue. I was paired up, not with Ranier Rics,THE guy to be paired up with. But with the geekiest guy in the class (maybe even the whole school), his name I have forgotten. We were assigned The Subject was Roses.

Like I said, I don't remember the scene specifically but I do remember having the feeling of needing to throw up the entire time I was on 'stage' in the classroom delivering those lines. I was very proud of myself then and still today. At that time in my life, speaking to one person was a leap over a tall building nevermind  a classroom of 15 peers and Mr. Mraz, the Mike Nichols of Burnsville High.

Although I did pass the class, I was never asked to work on any of the school plays, on stage or otherwise. At the time, it is the only thing I wanted to do.

I wonder when The Subject was Roses will be on again. I think I would like to see if I could find the scene I worked on in HS.

No comments:

Post a Comment