My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Racing

Many eventful things happened today when you look back in history. Some include the original 1885 publishing of Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (for an interesting turn of events read February 16th entry). The discovery of our ninth planet, Pluto-which sadly was 'demoted' 76 years later because it's orbit overlapped Neptune's orbit. In car history, E.A. Ferrari was born, Richard Petty won the 1973 Daytona 500 (his 6th Daytona win and the first Daytona race televised live), and Dale Earnhart, Sr perished in a last-lap crash at the 2001 Daytona race.

If you know me, you know I am a big NASCAR fan. I love watching the races and if given the opportunity I would love to ride around the track a few times at 'top speed'. I am not sure I would like to actually do the driving, who knows... I have been to two races both at short tracks-South Boston and Martinsville. As much fun as it was, I really don't have a GIANT urge to go back. Reeasons? (1) You can't watch the wrecks over and over again like you can on TV (and DVR). (2) It is really LOUD! You can't even talk to the person next to you. Mom and I wrote notes to each other during the Martinsville Race-we don't text(yet). (3) leaving the track parking lot is a race in itself and I am not really that cut throat. So, I will leave the track-side cheering to you and I will stay home or go to Outback and watch the race on ESPN, ABC or Fox (depending on the race).

What does this have to do with my vintage retail resale webstore? Nothing. But I am sure at some point I will have something for sale that has to do with Racing. What does this have to do with me trying to fly through the future by reliving my past in the present...only that in the past I went to a couple of races and I would love to fly across the track in a car sometime in the future.
Have Fun Searching!

P.S. Don't fall for it...the Martinsville Hot Dog really isn't all that it is cracked up to be
P.P.S Learning the history of the previous phrase to be discussed in a future blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment