My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stopping by Woods....

Today marks the 87th anniversary of the publishing of Robert Frost's poem Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening. I felt like I had heard of this poem before but I wasn't 100% sure, so I looked it up. I wonder now, why, why did he title this lovely poem the way that he did? There are many phrases that he could have used, many quite a bit shorter, in the poem and many more memorable lines.

It is a deep and thought provoking poem that makes me wonder if anyone these days ever takes a moment out of their day to just stop and notice. To notice the lovely woods, 'the frozen lake', 'the downy flake'. To stop and smell the roses, so to speak.

Please, take a moment today, a full minute, and see what you see. Maybe notice that little grey squirrel searching the frozen ground for that nut he buried a couple of months ago. The little wren scanning the sky and ground for the littlest of bugs for a snack. Something small will catch your eye and maybe you will notice something big.

Thanks for reading, but I have ..."miles to go before I sleep..."
Have Fun Searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment