My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Competition

Competition. Competition in a family is a tradition going back trillions of years. Okay, history only goes back so far, but I can't imagine familial competition never being there. Most competition happens between siblings, it is also is seen between parents and children, and of course, pitting mom against dad.  Competition can be a bad thing and I really am not going to get into that side but I would like to focus on the "good competition".

This morning when I logged into the computer, I noticed it seemed like my sister stayed up (late?) last night doing all she could do to beat my score on Bejeweled Blitz*. (BB is a computer based item swapping match three game with a one minute timer) I don't understand why she feels the need to have her name and picture on the top of the scoreboard on BB. Okay, I exaggerate. I do know. For as soon as I saw her name on top, I did all I could do to kick her out of the top spot. Ba-hahahahha.

Sorry D. I just couldn't help myself. Do you remember back in the late 70's/early 80's when you always conned me into playing Monopoly with you and then kicked my butt? Paybacks are Heck, sweetie.

Back when we were Hornets, Debi and I both tried out for the Pom-Pom Squad. We both made the cut, but I chickened out. She followed through. Was this the beginning of our competition besting? Had she forgotten that I made it also... I think not. I think that was the beginning of our heated competition. At that point we were even. Even though I did not participate in the PomPom girls (claiming I just wanted to see if I could do it). Now, I wish I had. And, to echo another blog a few days ago, What IF I had participated...would I be a different person now? Of course....

Still Searching...

1 comment:

  1. P...My desire to be on top has little to do with you as a person. I just always want to win if possible. The problem is that I don't care what the prize is or if there is a prize at all...I just want to win. I am not sure if it is an intrinsic reward I like or having other people know I won. I coached my first soccer game last Saturday morning and we LOST miserably. 5 to 0. It hurt, bad.

    ReplyDelete