My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Gulliver, Love

Today I found an old book I picked up at a bookstore (at which I used to work) that I purchased to go with another book I thought I had, turns out I didn't SOOO now I am selling it here. This volume is of Gulliver's Travels and Treasure Island. Great "boy" stories. Mine were girl stories...I wish I could find it.


This is an interesting volume with two stories one on each side of the book. How fun it was to read a book like this. I remember sitting on my bed with the book (I now can't remember the titles I thought I had). My little tag-along sister would barge into my room and I convinced her I was reading this book upside down. Ain't I a terrible sis? Tee Hee.


Do you remember back in the olden days? Saturday Morning Cartoon Festival...Kids today don't really know what cartoons are until the see the 70's Saturday Morning Line Up.  One of my favorite hours included The Smurfs and Gulliver's Travels. The little Lilliput gal who had a bad crush on the big hunky Gulliver. Is this why I am not married now? I am still in search of my big Hunky Gulliver. He was so smart that he could figure out any problems those little people had. I wonder why he couldn't figure out how to get home. 


The book is available in the entertainment section on my page. Maybe it isn't your cup of tea, maybe you are more into biographies or classic fiction. More books are being added all the time...


Have Fun Searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment