My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Dangers...

Last week a 16 year old girl on her way to school crossed the center line (going 52 in a 45 while trying to retrieve a text) and hit a pick-up truck head on. Her BMW was destroyed and she was killed. A sad and unnecessary tragedy. 
  
I know that every teenager in the world says "that'll never happen to me" in every scary situation but if it won't happen to them, but it happens, who does it happen to? "I would never do that!" the teens say, and yet, I hear these stories. Again, who is doing it?

I know we shouldn’t pick on teens because others are doing it, I just believe that more teens are guilty generally. So, People texting, listening to LOUD music, smoking, drinking, eating, and generally just playing around and and having accidents makes me mad and afraid.

Are they not aware these things with 5 wheels and an engine is a complex piece of machinery that needs to be respected? Are cars too easy to operate?

I remember when I was ‘at that age’. I didn’t want my license. I know I was crazy. I was not a typical teen (I am not a typical person, in general). I waited until my last semester in school to take the drivers education classroom (that only because there were no other classes for me to take). I got my license after my 17th birthday.

I knew the hazards of driving. Big heavy cars scared me. Maybe so did growing up. Hmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment