My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Le Purse

How did we get where we are today? I am prepping for a wedding this weekend and have to choose the right accessories. I have settled on an eggshell colored crocheted purse. I really wanted to use the enameled mesh purse, unfortunately it is a little small for the tissues, phone and a few other items I need to carry.

I look back a few decades and (since I only have TV and movies to use for comparison) notice the sizes of the purses that the women carried and look at the ones I (and my fellow females) carry now. Okay, take away the cell phone and I take away a pocket. What the heck do I feel like I need to carry that women then didn’t.

Don’t cringe, here it goes. Checkbook; card and photo wallet; change purse; make-up bag; supply bag; miscellaneous bag (pills, clipper, nail file, gum, mints, etc); schedule calendar; notebook & pen; 2 spare shopping bags; cell phone; camera. Well that is about it. Can you think of anything I can keep out of it? I can’t.

What did Lucy carry in her handbag?

No comments:

Post a Comment