My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Em-eye-crookit lettta-crookit lettta-eye-crookit lettta-crookit lettta-eye-humpback-humpback-eye

A last minute trip to my sister's house in Mississippi has me longing for the coolness of the mountains of western NC. I was just getting used to the high 70's/low 80's during the day and low to mid-50's in the evening. Sleeping with the windows open, listening to the chirping crickets, croaking frogs and trilling of the unknown critter at 3AM every night. Okay, maybe not longing that much. Okay, maybe longing is a strong word.

Mississippi is HOT. Mississippi is the kind of hot that people from the mountains don't understand. I don't even think that people from the desert, beach or downtown cities understand. It is the kind of hot that physically takes your breath away and not give it back.

Sometimes I wonder if Mississippians really appreciate the fact that there is such an oppressive heat passing over their state. Well, maybe not passing, maybe summering. In the winter I think it goes to the equator.

No comments:

Post a Comment