My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

No P, Please

Yesterday, I did something that I hadn't done in six and a half years. I got in a contained vat of water deeper than a bathtub. My Mississippi sister has a pool in her backyard.

I arrived at her house unprepared to go swimming (at my house the temps at night are low-50's and very un-swimminglike weather).  The water looked so inviting, the temps were still in the upper 90's even after 6PM.

I touched the water, at least in 80's, very inviting. I climbed the ladder. stepped over the rim and onto the first rung of the ladder slightly sunk into the water, shoes (flip-flops) and all. Luckily, I heard from behind me, check your pockets, just in time. I removed my cellphone and chapsticks and slid all the way in.

What a nice break from the previously complained about Mississippi heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment