My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rudolph

Today, I watched Rudolph die. Well, I watched a YouTube video of a parade balloon of Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer be lobotomized by a traffic light pole and deflate. Poor Rudolph.

Rudolph (and the other Christmas/Holiday programs) are some of my favorite programs. As a child I loved cartoons. As I grew up, I grew out of cartoons (Nowadays I don't see that happening much).  But I always hear these stop-action specials call my name.  Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964), Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (1970), The Year Without a Santa Claus (1974) would be one of my favorite one night, back-to-back marathon.

Although these Christmas special films were not the first stop motion shows, I like to think if it hadn't been for the success of these children's stories, Gumby, Star Wars and The Terminator may not have worked the way they did.

So, thank you stop-motion animators, where ever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment