My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Yesterday was Easter. I spent it alone. First time in a very long time. I decided to have a movie marathon. With new contemporary Easter themed movies...
Jurassic Park...There are eggs involved. Harvey starring Jimmy Stewart (for those of you who won't watch black and white films, Harvey is a 6' invisible rabbit)...The Reincarnation of Peter Proud.....Stephen King's Sometimes They Come Back...Easter Bunny, Kill, Kill....and Alien:Resurrection.  If there is time left I may settle for...Easter Parade, It's the Easter Beagle Charlie Brown or The Egg and I.

I recall a time a few years back when I was still a kid (of course I do, since that is what this page is all about, isn't it?) of an Easter egg hunt we had. I believe the family still lived in our first purchased house and Mom and Dad went all out hiding the eggs that we kids so beautifully decorated (probably with lead based dye).  Apparently we had not found all the eggs and Dad had forgotten where several were stashed. Until...he remembered.

The front door had a mail slot. We learned the hard way that there were no sides to the mail slot and that the door was hollow. (insert chortle here) If you need more description, please advise.

The moral of the story is...it is really better to keep ALL of your eggs in one basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment