My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Night Life

Remember back when you were a kid at bedtime? Were you the type that didn't want to go to bed? Night after night bedtime chores were a chore for your parents? What was your reason for not going to bed? For most, including myself, I never wanted to miss anything. I just knew that all the fun things happened after I went to bed. After awhile, as most people did, I grew out of it.

This morning I put together clues that I had been dropping for weeks.  (I am considering returning my Miss Marple Appreciation and Fan Club Membership Card.) I discovered the truth about what happens at night after bedtime.

The clues:
  1. My cat howls at the same time every night and morning. Is this the signal to begin and end a party?
  2. I awake at times in the night to thudding sounds. It sounds like a cat jumping from the counter. I know it isn't my Lizzie because she doesn't get on the counters. And, sometimes, there are several thuds in a row.
  3. After my 7-8 hour slumber, Lizzie's food dish is empty and her water cup is close to empty. But when return home after a LONG day working, there is still food and water aplenty. The only answer, visitors in the night.
  4. Lizzie sleeps ALL day long. I get up and she rushes to get onto my lap and falls asleep until I kick her out. When I leave for work, she is sleeping in her bed, or on my chair or on the sofa. When I come in from work, she is still sleeping wher I left her. When I sit down for the evening, she scurries up again onto my lap and sleeps until I go to bed.
My Lizze appears to be the hostess with the mostess all night long.  Can you come to any other conclusion?

No comments:

Post a Comment