My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Corded

This morning I put on a new pair of Cords. Corduroy 'jeans' were a staple in my wardrobe when I was in Middle and High School. I haven't had a pair on in over 20 years...

In fact, during those school days, I don't think I even owned a pair of Denim jeans. I know it is hard to believe. the 70s were the decade of denim. I don't know why I didn't own any jeans. My sister (1 year younger) wore jeans so it wasn't a family thing. I wonder why I was so against having a pair back then. It is almost the only thing I wear now, except on special occasions.

I found these cords on the JCPenney webpage at $10 a pair. I wonder if I would have even considered purchasing them if they had been more expensive. But you can't hardly pass up a pair of pants these days for such a low price and free shipping. I kind of believe that $10 was the cost of the cords I owned back in the olden days. No, that was the cost of the jeans...cords were cheaper...maybe that was my incentive. I am a dyed in the cord penny pincher....

No comments:

Post a Comment