My photo
Kill Devil Hills, NC, United States
Trying to connect my present with the past in order to fly through the future.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Distant Unrelated Cousins

Last night I got a communication from someone who is doing research on her family history, a hobby I also enjoy. Immediately I knew that we were not related by blood as she is looking for kin of a man that married my grandmother. Although this man was thought of by my mother as her father for most of her formidable years he really is no relation to her or me.

I am excited when I meet these people that may or may not turn out to be related to me but the excitement is short lived (is that lived or lived?) as, generally, there are a few emails back and forth fading to no contact after about a month.

Why is it that the computer or rather the internet has made it so easy to communicate but we seem to do less of it when the newness wears off?

No comments:

Post a Comment